An Experienced Uber & Lyft Car Accident Attorney in Western Washington
Exceptional Advocacy for Victims of Uber & Lyft Accidents in Seattle & Tacoma, WA
Ridesharing companies, including Lyft and Uber, are incredibly popular in Seattle, Tacoma, and throughout the Western Washington area. They can be a safe and convenient option for getting around. Tragically, however, Uber and Lyft accidents can and do happen.
Whether these accidents are caused by rideshare drivers or others, victims can get experienced help seeking justice and financial recovery with Kode Law, PLLC. We’re skilled at helping Uber and Lyft accident victims hold negligent parties liable, and we’re dedicated to providing tireless, strategic representation in the pursuit of justice.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident, now’s the time to find out more about your legal options and potential case.
We welcome your calls and emails whenever you’re ready for more answers. Until then, explore the following to learn more about how we help Uber and Lyft accident victims.
Who Is Liable for Uber & Lyft Accidents?
Like any motor vehicle accident, fault for Uber and Lyft accidents will depend on how the accident happened. Commonly, one or more of the following parties can be liable for Uber and Lyft accidents:
- The rideshare company: If Uber or Lyft has hired an unsafe or unlicensed driver, the company can be responsible for harm caused by that driver. Both rideshare companies carry $1 million of liability coverage. Typically, this covers accidents that occur when a driver is on the clock, transporting a passenger.
- The Uber or Lyft driver: When rideshare drivers make reckless choices or maneuvers and cause crashes, they will be liable for the damage and losses resulting from those accidents. In these cases, the driver’s personal auto insurance coverage may come into play. If the driver is underinsured or uninsured, the victim’s own policy may provide coverage (if the victim has uninsured/underinsured motorist, UIM, coverage).
- A different at-fault driver: If another driver caused the accident, that driver will be responsible for compensating victims for their injuries, suffering, and losses. If the at-fault driver is underinsured or uninsured, the ridesharing company’s $1 million UIM coverage may provide coverage.
Some evidence that can be critical to determining fault and liability for Uber and Lyft accidents can include (and is not limited to):
- Police accident reports
- Accident-scene photos
- Witness statements
- Surveillance camera footage
- The damage to the vehicles and surrounding features
At Kode Law, we know how to determine liability for Uber and Lyft accidents, and we can take action to hold all liable parties accountable for the harm they have caused.
What to Do After an Uber or Lyft Collision: 6 Steps to Protect Yourself & Your Rights
After a ridesharing accident, here’s what you can do to protect yourself, your rights, and a potential claim:
- Check for injuries to see if anyone needs emergency medical care.
- Call the police, dialing 911 for emergencies or a non-emergency number if the accident is minor.
- Collect information from other parties, including other drivers, passengers, and/or witnesses. Write down names and contact information. Also, note driver-related information, vehicle-related information, and insurance information. If you don’t have a pen and paper, take pictures of cars, cars, and other items that contain the information you need.
- Take lots of pictures of the accident scene and the vehicles. Be sure to also take photos of the road and weather conditions, as well as of surrounding features that may have been damaged, like signposts or guardrails.
- Take some notes, documenting details about what you remember happening before, during, and after the crash.
- Report the accident to your insurance company, and only discuss the facts that you are completely sure of. Do not agree to give an “official” (meaning recorded) statement if you are not ready.
- Contact Kode Law to find out more about your rights and legal options, as well as how to move forward.
Get Answers About Your Potential Case from an Experienced Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney in Seattle & Tacoma, WA
At Kode Law, we are devoted to providing Uber and Lyft accident victims with the highest quality representation backed by compassionate, personal service. We know that compensation can’t undo the devastating impacts of serious injuries and fatal car accidents. We also know that justice and financial recoveries can help people rebuild their lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to providing tireless advocacy and outstanding representation for all types of Uber and Lyft accident cases.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident, get on the road to recovery by contacting Kode Law.
Call 206-890-2927206-890-2927 or contact us online to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation case evaluation and find out more about your potential case. If you can’t come to us, we can come to you.
We proudly represent accident victims and families throughout Seattle, Tacoma, Maryville, and the Western Washington area.